A spiritual companion to the perhaps better known Free Spore Ring Earth (formerly the Free Spore Ring Europe), Free Spore España exists to distribute psilocybin-containing mushroom spore prints and other seeds without profit, with the hope that the recipient researchers will one day return the favour (and therefore help to keep the project going) by donating their own prints, seeds, etc.
Recently celebrating their fifth anniversary, the project is run by an anonymous group of enthusiastic volunteers, with the primary goal of providing free spores to all who want them for their private collection or research.
Covering its expenses with donations, Free Spore España is also refreshing in its drive to offer its services to everyone worldwide. Striving to be inclusive, their website features not only Spanish-language but also French and English text, with the noble intention of remaining accessible for those using English as a bridge language too.
Aware from the outset that mail containing coins and notes can often go astray while passing through the hands of postal staff – as well as of the risk of such sensitive material being left on the doorstep or with neighbours – the group has subsequently implemented payment options including bank transfer, Bitcoin (to facilitate international orders), TransferWire (cheaper for non-euro European countries) and Universal Postal Union tickets. These options cause volunteers more work, yet provide peace of mind for those ordering.
Most importantly, orders we’ve knowledge of have apparently arrived promptly and all related correspondence with the FSE has been pleasant and timely too. Admirable work and unhesitatingly recommended!
Free Spore España – In a Nutshell
- Interested parties may make one request per month.
- One item is sent per request (although up to three items can be sent per request if a small donation is made)
- Only one of each specific strain or species may be ordered per request
- Financial donations can be made using bank transfer, Bitcoin, cash and Universal Postal Union tickets. Depending whether you’re in Spain, the rest of the EU, or elsewhere, €3-4 will get you two spore prints or seed packets; €4-5 will get you three.
- Those donating spore prints to the ring will be ranked by their contributions (as well as gain good karma!). Moreover, Free Spore España pledge to gift the most generous with spore syringes of exotic mushroom varieties that will be purchased using any excess donations. In future, they also plan to give away other items, such as cannabis-related and fungi paraphernalia (as they do already in their popular seed events).
Sending seed and spores to every country in the world, Free Spore España currently offers (or has previously offered)…
- Alcea rosea
- Calendula officinalis
- Callistemon citrinus
- Dracena draco
- Ephedra major
- Ipomoea violacea
- Jarra carnívora
- Lactuca virosa
- Maiz rojo
- Melissa officinalis
- Melón Sugar Baby Gold
- Papaver californium
- Papaver somniferum giganteum
- Perilla frutencens
- Pimiento de Padrón
- Tabaco Virginia Gold
- Tomate Osu Blue P20
- Vaccinium padifolium
- Agaricus bisporus
- Agaricus brunnescens
- Agrocybe aegerita
- Gymnopilus luteofolius
- Lentinula edodes
- Panaeolus cambodginiensis Sandoz Domesticate
- Panaeolus cintulus
- Panaeolus cyanescens (4 types!)
- Panaeolus tropicalis
- Philota nameko
- Pleurotus djamor
- Pleurotus eryngii
- Pleurotus ostreatus
- Psilocybe cubensis (~64 strains!)
- Psilocybe cyanescens
- Psilocybe galicia
- Psilocybe galindoi (2 types!)
- Psilocybe semilanceata (wow!)
- Psilocybe semperviva
- Psilocybe tampanensis